Eggplant Tofu Bokchoy in Thai Basil & Garlic Sauce
By Shami Shah
Here is a healthy and quick recipe to make and can easily satisfy the vegan in your home.
· 5 – 6 Flakes of Garlic minutely chopped
· 2 Thai green Chilies minutely chopped
· 5 – 6 Kaffir Lime Leaves
· 2 to 3 Sprigs of Thai Basil chopped
· 1 Chinese Eggplant cut into medium cubes
· 1 small bundle of Baby Bok choy washed and opened into leaves
· I small Zucchini cut into medium cubes
· ½ Green Bell Pepper cut into medium cubes
· ½ Red Bell Pepper cut into medium cubes
· 6 to 8 small florets of Broccoli
· 100 gms Tofu cut into cubes
· 75 gms of dried Shitake Mushrooms soaked in 1 cup water for 30 mins
· ½ tsp of Soy sauce mixed with ½ tsp corn starch and 2 tbsp. water
· 2 tbsps oil for cooking and Salt to taste
· Take a large pan and put in the oil for cooking.
· When it is warm put in the chopped garlic, chopped Thai green chilies, Kaffir lime leaves & chopped basil and stir for about 1 minute.
· Put in the eggplant, bell peppers and stir for about 2 to 3 mins or till the eggplants are a little tender.
· Then put in the broccoli zucchini and stir fry for another 1 to 2 minutes.
· Then remove the soaked Shitake mushrooms, squeeze out the water and toss them in the pan with the vegetables. Put salt to taste.
· Finally put the tofu and the soya sauce mixed with corn starch and ¾ cup of the water (used to soak the Shitake mushrooms) in the pan and stir the vegetables. Let the sauce thicken a little.
· Pour the vegetables in a bowl and garnish with chopped Thai Basil.
· It is a healthy and quick recipe to make. It can be made Vegan/Vegetarian.
Do not throw the water used to soak the Shitake Mushrooms. Use it for the sauce as it adds more flavor.
(Shami is a financial analyst by education. She is associated with KITCHEN QUEENS based in Southern California, which gives cooking enthusiasts a platform.)