From Girish Modi, Decatur, GA
In response to Nirmalya Chatterjee’s letter, I would like to submit my views regarding the Hamas-Israel war as follows:
(1) Hamas is a militia group which tries to liberate GAZA from Israel’s apartheid rule for past 75 years. It is fighting for freedom like many other countries, so it cannot be labeled as terrorist like al-Queda or ISIS, which have cells in many middle eastern countries.
(2) President Biden gave Israel green light to bombard Gaza and make ground assault during his visit to Israel. He stated that Israel cannot occupy GAZA, it has ruled Gaza for many years and treated Palestinians living there as prisoners.
(3) Since Gaza is overcrowded with 2.1 million people, it is incorrect to argue that Hamas is using people as human shield. Can’t compare Israel’s military might against Hamas’ limited resistance.
(4) Jimmy Carter was against Israel’s apartheid rule. Last week Barack Obama strongly protested Israel’s military invasion of Gaza.
(5) Israel is trying shut protests of many nations in the United Nations. Its ambassador wrongfully attached UN Secretary who opposed Israel’s military action.
(6) Media is very biased because it just reports few Israelis who were killed on 7th October attack by Hamas but ignores 8000 Palestinians killed by Israel so far and half of Gaza destroyed by dropping over 4000 bombs just as America dropped bombs on Syria and Lebanon in last two days.
(7) Though Israel, America and many European countries talk about 200 hostages taken by Hams, they don’t talk about 6000 prisoners whom Hamas calls hostages.
(8) One cannot compare Gaza war with Ukraine war – Gaza war is for survival and freedom, while Ukraine war is territorial gain by Russia.
(9) If Israel continues with ground invasion, all Hamas militia will die along with all the hostages and let the world know Israel’s atrocity.
(This submission is not edited.)